Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager
Do you enjoy working in a department that has many differing aspects? Does working in the most popular department sound like a challenge you want to take on? Does teaching and showing customers every day the benefits of fresh produce sound fascinating? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as an Assistant Produce Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
As the Assistant Produce Manager, you are responsible for ensuring the produce department provides the highest quality product and delivers the highest level of service to our customers. The Assistant Produce Manager along with the Produce Manager must ensure we remain focused on creating an excellent experience for both our employees and customers. As an Assistant Produce Manager, you are responsible for quality control, merchandising, maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the department, inventory management, addressing employee relations issues, monitoring labor costs, hiring, and assisting the Produce Manager in other leadership duties as needed. You are responsible for maintaining freshness standards throughout the department, by following proper receiving, processing, packaging, pricing, signage, displaying, and rotation of a complete variety of items. As the Assistant Produce Manager, you will oversee the prioritization and delegation of daily responsibilities throughout the department while training, coaching, and leading employees by example. When the Produce Manager is not in the store, you will assist in managing all functions and activities of the Produce Department to achieve sales and profit standards. The Assistant Produce Manager is responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Produce Manager to ensure the success of the store and department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food.
To be an Assistant Produce Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and have the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment.
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, Weights and Measures regulations including COOL, and achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit.
- Be able to perform the following: standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets a distance up to 20 feet, requiring a force of up to 85 pounds for up to 5 hours.
maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., from 4” to 72”, for a distance up 3 feet for between 10-50 hours without mechanical assistance.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
- Published on : 2020-03-26 00:24:29
- Job Type : Full time
- Years of experience : No work experience required
- Location : US-TX-Carrollton
- Education Level : No required
- Language : English
- Salary : Not specified
- Pay : Not specified