ABOUT US: Santek Waste Services is a growing competitor in the solid waste industry. Through our collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills, we are focused on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal efforts to all of our customers in the areas we service. Santek wants our customers to know that they can count on our employees for a world-class experience in the industry of waste disposal.
WHY WORK FOR SANTEK: Santek is not successful without the great people that work for us who are devoted to serving our customers. We strive to hire the best people to make Santek one of the most desirable places to work. We are focused on attracting and keeping talented individuals who are committed to providing a world-class experience to our customers. We want to create a workplace that is meaningful and rewarding to all of our employees. We live by our Vision, Mission and Value statements and want employees that do the same.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Drives a residential garbage truck, as directed by Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor.
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Operates hydraulic controls to lift/load refuse and/or containers and to dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Completes required route sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures as mandated by DOT and OSHA.
- Operates other waste collection vehicles, as assigned
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- 2 years of commercial driving experience (preferred).
- Must meet Santek's Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle.
- Customer Service - Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers. Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed the expectations of customers.
- Dependability - Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Ethics - Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Santek's policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Learning Ability - Readily acquires knowledge and skill in concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
- Safety Skills - Follows and promotes company safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting - Ability to diagnose existing problems and predicts potential problems. Determines root causes of failures and works to choose the best repair option.
- Successfully completion of pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check, which will include previous employment check and criminal history.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS: The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Exposure to residential, industrial and commercial waste.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises
- Ability to lift / carry 50 pounds up to 5 feet.
- Frequently lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
- Sitting, climbing, overhead reaching, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
- Frequent standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping, and firm grasping.
- Constant forward reaching and simple grasping.
REWARDING COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in an excellent benefits package including Competitive Pay, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation and Personal Time-Off, Health, Dental and Vision.
Santek Waste Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Applicants are required to demonstrate leadership qualities that are aligned with Santek Waste Services Values: Honesty, Integrity, Faith, Fairness, Trust, Stewardship and Compassion.
Qualified applicants must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Vision Statement: Santek will be the premier service provider of sustainable solid waste management solutions to the communities in which we serve, building trusting partnerships, and positively impacting the environment and the lives of our employees.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to provide unsurpassed solid waste management solutions with integrity and fairness while focusing on the sustainability of the environment, improving the communities in which we work, serving our customers and investing in our employees
- Published on : 2020-03-27 21:02:55
- Job Type : Full time
- Years of experience : 1 - 2 years of experience
- Location : Cleveland, TX
- Education Level : No required
- Language : English
- Salary : Not specified
- Pay : Not specified