Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Manager has responsible for various HR functions to include oversight of craft recruiting centers, benefits administration, general HR duties and administration of the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Provides staffing and placement expertise and solutions to all levels of the organization. Partners with key leaders on critical, strategic hires.
- Coordinate efforts to attract and retain skilled and unskilled craft professionals as well as supervisory team members.
- Lead process for attracting and assigning craft members to meet forecasted division needs.
- Initiate and monitor planning to meet forecasted labor needs.
- Provides oversight for two craft hiring offices
- Track employee hours for benefits eligibility to ensure compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and prepares/compiles monthly and annual reports for benefits auditing, as well as ACA reporting.
- Provide administrative support with the health and welfare plans to include enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Work alongside the Payroll Manager regarding overseeing benefits deductions and additions to the Company’s benefits plans.
- Assist with job postings as necessary and monitors and tracks applicant tracking.
- Runs reports, compiles, and analyzes data as needed for the AAP.
- Prepares statistical reports on affirmative action progress, and prepares reports required by governmental agencies.
- Leads the outreach efforts to ensure compliance.
- Human Resources Administration
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of offer letters, new hire processing, background checks and onboarding.
- Oversee record of personnel-related data to ensure all employment requirements are met.
- Provide administrative assistance by responding to internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain employee files to ensure accuracy and compliance and continuously monitors data across all HRIS systems to ensure data integrity and completeness through auditing.
- Maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Support Governmental Reporting and compliance.
- BA/BS in a business related field such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing or Business Administration preferred.
- 7 – 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience with at least three years of oversight of craft hiring, benefits and Affirmative Action administration. Ideal candidate will have a general/broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities.
- Candidate must have staffing experience in the construction, petrochemical, turnaround industry.
- Candidate should be familiar with HR software and tools.
- Approximately 30% travel.
- Excellent communication skills, inclusive of written and verbal skills. Must be comfortable answering questions from employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HR principles, policies and practices as well as applicable HR legislation and regulations.
- Keen adeptness with spreadsheet, database, presentation and word-processing software applications. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of the day-to-day operations of the benefits and compensation function and how benefits and compensation programs and information integrate with other areas of HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple technologies including all MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and Access.
- Excellent time management and work ethic, and strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proactive and self-directed.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Published on : 2020-03-26 00:57:47
- Job Type : Full time
- Years of experience : 5 - 10 years of experience
- Location : League City, TX, USA
- Education Level : Master
- Language : English
- Salary : Not specified
- Pay : Not specified